The Scottish Society of the History of Medicine aims to promote, encourage and support the study of the history of medicine, with a particular interest in Scottish Medicine. It was founded in 1948 and the medical historian Dr Douglas Guthrie was its first President. The Society is registered as a charity in Scotland (SC008621) and is affiliated to the British Society for the History of Medicine. All members of the Scottish Society automatically become members of the British Society and are able to take part in its activities. Read more
The British Society for the History of Medicine Biennial Congress
Wednesday 15th – Saturday 18th September 2021
The University of Sheffield
Key themes will be the History of Medicine in the Workplace, Pandemics, Nursing and Innovation in Medical Engineering.
Abstract submissions on these themes and General Topics will be welcome.
Further details at BSHM website
Join the Society
- Promote, encourage and support the study of the history of medicine
- The Society is registered as a charity in Scotland (SC008621)
- Affiliated to the British Society for the History of Medicine
- Three meetings are held each year
- An annual lecture and dinner in honour of Dr Haldane Tait
- Only £15 per annum